National Account Controller
Salary: ££70,000 - ££80,000 Plus Car & Competitive Package
Sales leadership role focused on driving forward a portfolio of leading drinks brands. Looking for a high potential candidate who can develop a team and lead top tier customer
|Location||Hertfordshire/North London/Home Counties/South East, United Kingdom|
Food and Drink
|Area/s||Home Counties, London, South East|
My client is a global market leading drinks company. On their behalf I am recruiting for a Booker / Tesco National Account Controller to work within the grocery channel of the business.
The National Account Controller will lead and manage a direct team of 3 across the account.
With heavy investment and focus on innovation this is an exciting time to join this fast-paced global business.
The National Account Controller will be responsible for leading the development of their account portfolio to be the primary interface responsible for managing the negotiation, development and execution of customer specific strategic and tactical plans to deliver company volume, revenue and profit targets and effective management of all commercial investment.
You will be accountable for inspiring and motivating internal teams and external customers to flawlessly execute commercial propositions.
Key National Account Controller responsibilities include:
- To provide strong leadership, coaching and management to direct reports
- To be fully accountable for a significant P&L of accounts within your area of responsibility
- Take accountability for pre-conditioning, creating and executing changes to price plans
- Pro-actively track performance of your business
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Planning teams to ensure that each customer has an individual annual plan that delivers against channel commercial goals and strategic direction.
We're looking for someone who has the enthusiasm and energy to make things happen – you'll bring plenty of initiative and a constant supply of fresh ideas. At the same time, you'll be a category thinker who can devise different approaches to achieve the best results. You won't be fazed by the high level of accountability and pressure that comes with a role like this. In fact, you'll thrive on it. If that sounds like you, this is your chance to shine.
We are looking for candidates who have strong leadership experience within a Controller based role across the Grocery and Wholesale channel. You must have a clear understanding and confidence with P&L management and with management of both volume and profit forecasting processes as well as be able to demonstrate people management capability.
To be successful in this National Account Controller role you will need the following:
- Proven in FMCG sales; ideally within a branded food or drink business
- Ideally have classical training from a large blue-chip business
- Experienced in managing grocery / wholesale customers
- Managed a significant P&L
- Strong leadership and direct line management experience
- Superb relationship building skills
- Strongly analytical with exceptional influencing skills
- Depth of understanding in category management and ability to apply this
- A positive and ’can do’ attitude
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website
You are not currently logged in. Once you register for an account, or log into an existing account, you can build a profile to send along with your application. Additionally, if you authenticate with LinkedIn, we can populate your profile with your LinkedIn data.
Please enter a cover letter message and attach your CV/other documents as required by the job specification.