Interim Convenience Trading Director
Salary: £Interim 3-6 Months - £Competitive Day Rate
Manage and lead the development of profitable channel plans for an instantly recognisable UK FMCG brand.
|Location||Home Counties/London, United Kingdom|
Food and Drink
|Area/s||Home Counties, London, South East|
Interim - Convenience Trading Director
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced convenience/impulse channel specialist to join an instantly recognisable UK FMCG Brand on an Interim contract.
This Interim Convenience Trading Director role will manage and lead the development of profitable channel plans through creative and high value JBPs, relationship building and high-performance team development. Create growth strategies that cope with the variances within customer performances to ensure the overall business plans are met or exceeded.
Key Interim Convenience Trading Director Responsibilities:
- Ensure delivery of the company financial targets with a focus on turnover, profit and cash
- Construct contingency plans to ensure and shortfalls are mitigated whilst ensuring business buy in
- Manage promotional and investment spend within agreed budgets and ensure appropriate returns are made
- Build strong multifunctional relationships within customers to ensure understanding and buy in to the business strategy at senior level.
- Ensure the customer’s plans and strategy are understood widely internally such that these can be incorporated into future planning
- Construct improvement plans based on Advantage survey feedback and gain cross functional buy in to implement
- Build strong cross functional awareness understanding the profit drivers in other functions and act accordingly
- Ensure risks and opportunities to the plan are accurately understood and that suitable plans are constructed to mitigate/deliver these
- Ensure that all JBPs and commercials decisions have been agreed and signed off according to the business governance process
- Take responsibility for maintaining a clean ledger and ensure customers are paying to terms and actions are in place to bring in line as required
- Manage and motivate the team and identify development opportunities with each member to ensure high performance output along with high employee engagement and satisfaction
- Influence board members cross functionally to engage and gain support for plans
Experience & qualifications:
- Proven commercial experience in FMCG commercial arena
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven track record of developing high value relationships at a senior level across multiple functions
- Highly effective team player with ability to understand the bigger picture and act accordingly
- Excellent motivational skills with the ability to identify and nurture talent
- Highly competitive with a strong desire to win through innovative thinking and urgent execution
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate complex data into executable plans
- Remains calm under pressure but quickly responds to changing surroundings
- Prepared to take personal responsibility for decisions and actions
To apply for this Interim - Convenience Trading Director role please send your CV using the form on this page, quoting reference 4/28111/7. Confidentiality assured.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please search our vacancies on this site.
You are not currently logged in. Once you register for an account, or log into an existing account, you can build a profile to send along with your application. Additionally, if you authenticate with LinkedIn, we can populate your profile with your LinkedIn data.
Please enter a cover letter message and attach your CV/other documents as required by the job specification.