Health & Safety & Environment Manager
Salary: £Dependent on Experience - £Plus Package
Category leading UK Food Group – Health Safety Environment Manager. Great brands, great products & great business
|Location||North West, United Kingdom|
Food and Drink
Health, Safety & Environment Manager – North West
This multi-national & multi-FMCG brand owner is currently making headlines for all the right reasons! With their continued investment into their brands, sites and people it’s no wonder they are currently held in such high regard by their competitors and customers.
Clearly, this food group is not small. In fact, they boast some of the most powerful brands in the food industry. With compelling growth plans, they are now looking to strengthen an already first-class Health & Safety Team with a Health, Safety & Environment Manager.
Working from one of our clients key manufacturing sites in the North West, you will be accountable for ensuring that the site complies with all health, safety & environmental legislation and to our client’s expectations. You will lead the Health Safety & Environment strategy and help to develop a long-term, achievable safety plan. Carry out all other ad-hoc Management requests as consistent with the role
In addition to the above you will:
- Manage the budget allocated to Safety
- Play a full and active role in the site’s Management Team to ensure safe practices and behaviours are implemented
- Actively influencing others in order to ensure safe working practices and behaviours are maintained
- Liaise closely with the Occupational Health Adviser on shared issues
- Determine and maintain policies relating to safety and environment
- Promote safety and environment initiatives and improvement projects / opportunities
- Represent the site at Group Health Safety & Environment meetings and initiatives
- To carry out any reasonable management request
Do you possess the following?
- Experience in a Health Safety Environment based role in an FMCG environment?
- NEBOSH Diploma or National General Certificate
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent qualification or experience of maintaining ISO14001 environmental management systems
- Knowledge of SHE legislation
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team
- Accident investigation training
- Attention to detail, diligence and organisational skills
- Good decision maker with the ability to undertake investigations and lead safer working practices
- Previous Audit experience and ability to lead internal and external health and safety auditing teams
If so, then we’d like to hear from you! Apply quoting reference 7/15256/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website
You are not currently logged in. Once you register for an account, or log into an existing account, you can build a profile to send along with your application. Additionally, if you authenticate with LinkedIn, we can populate your profile with your LinkedIn data.
Please enter a cover letter message and attach your CV/other documents as required by the job specification.